View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Okay, I have decided to finish the two quilt tops that I was going to sell. So I need to know how to price this, I've looked at places like Etsy and Art Fire... and Ebay... the finished quilts are way expensive, and granted, as much as I need 300 dollars, I'm not going to sell one thing for that amount. That and I'm a beginner.

So the heres the run down.

The quilt that I'll be able to finish tomorrow will have a polyester filling cause we have a lot of polyester batting that mom bought last year for her quilt. she bought a ten yards of it. I estimated about how much I would need and the cost of that already, I'm thinking about 8.00 and then the backing is something I bought for a different quilt but decided to use it for this, since I didn't make that other quilt. the cost for the is at $21.00 for the the 3 yards of fabric that I had to buy. It's a fleece, but I believe it can still be used.

The quilt top was made with fabric that was donate. The size of the quilt is 48x64.

So I would like to know what you would do price something like this. (I know I keep asking these questions, but I just want to be sure.)

I'll have more details of the other quilt in about 2 weeks, since I might be getting fabric for the back. Thanks!