View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Arty1

Enjoy your FW... I purchased one on ebay a few months ago and love it. I bought a 1/4" edging foot for it and some bobbins from this site: http://www.221parts.com/ They have everything you would need to maintain the machine... Good luck with it....

Originally Posted by PurpleBecca
Well can you believe it - I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had a featherweight in the attic - which my Sister's Ex husband gave me (it was his Grandma's!) - in 1986 (ish!)

My Husband went up to get something today and bought it down with him!

We took it out of the box and it seemed siezed up - so he carefully turned the flywheel and eventually it seemed free- so we plugged her in and off she went!!! Purred like a kitten!!

The machine is in need of cleaning, greasing and oiling and we need a manual for servicing it, and possly a few spares...

I only have the one standard foot - so I will look around for others - any ideas?

The foot pedal was a bit sticky - so my DH took it apart and we think there may be a spring missing in there (should there be two??)

Anyway - the serial number is AG816819. So I believe it was made around 1941, and as it turned up in England with a Label saying its voltage was converted in September 1960 - I think it must have had an interesting journey to get over here!!!

Can anyone help me out with information - will my ordinary shmetz (SP) needles fit it? Can I use my ordianry machine oil?

Anything I need to know??

My DH is a wonder at mechanical stuff - and he is looking forward to cleaning her up and getting her going properly!!!

We are at a big Country Fair tomorrow - but I will post pictures on Monday!