Old 05-18-2010, 01:32 AM
no1jan

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Jan are you going to convert your first "Red Eye" to a 66-1?

I was looking at the photos of when you first posted it on like page 1 or 2 and it is a really nice looking machine! It would do it justice if you did do the conversion. You are already half way there all you need to do is pull the Presserfoot Bar out of the 66-1 you just picked up and put it into the other machine you have torn down.

Just a thought, plus with sooo many 66 Red Eyes out there it would not hurt the value any if anything it would make it more desirable.

Billy
I haven't decided yet. I would probably need help talking me through it. 8-) :wink:

I can't pick it up until next Wednesday as her son is here from AZ. They are going to be making a lot of day trips. I was kind of waiting to see what kind of condition it is in. Some people (like me) when they see rust they think it is ruined. Others know what they are doing and can look beyond it. It really depends how much work it needs. Besides what would I do with the rest of it?

I love my redhead, and definitely want all the attachments for it. Is it difficult to convert. Remember I broke an indestructible bobbin winder! :) :) :)