View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Corry

Ohhhh...Nooo...lol Don't tell me this. I just bought two of these and have not even got them yet. Hoping they will help me do the flying geese better. I pieced a Christmas quilt last december and did a border of flying geese in it and then a 5 inch plain border around that. Well, it looks good but recently I got it out and laid it out on my table to measure it again. I was going to get the backing ready for this quilt and get it all laid out with the backing, batting and quilt top and get it pinned so I could quilt it....NOT. It will not lay flat! There is no way i think it can be quilted! I measured here and there to see why it is laying so wonky. My flying geese have it so out of wack that it won't lay flat. It is off almost two inches in one area. Well also the middle of the quilt is a piece of what we call cheater cloth. Looks quilted but not.....I thought it would be good practice for freemotion quilting on this. It was off a little on being entirely square when I cut it out. I cut it along the design on the fabric but it was off...and the fabric was not cheap but the design was sure off. So guess it will now be a table cloth...lol I was disapointed as this quilt was going to be my project for practicing free motion quilting before I worked on a quilt top that was more special. Anyway, I bought the Flying geese rulers by Eleanor Burns to help me learn to make "good geese"...lol