View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Originally Posted by Calif Jane
I've carried knitting on several domestic and international flights. So, I'd bet there is not a problem with needlework.
I've seen women do this, but it shocks me. I can't have a nail clipper or TUBE OF TOOTHPASTE but they can have long metal needles??? If I wanted to kill someone, I would use a knitting needle not a nail clipper :(
in nj, they tell you to bring a book to jury duty while you wait in the bullpen. but when they actually call you, you have to leave it on the table or in a locker. they want your full attention in the jury room.

as for how stupid they are: the judge asked everyone if they had a medical condition that might prevent them from serving properly. i said i would like to serve, but i sometimes had siezures and blacked out. the judge then asked me what happened when i blacked out. he got all pissy when i said i didn't know, i just woke up on the floor after i blacked out. duh! i swear, i said it with a straight face.

my bil had to give up a teeny tiny screwdriver that he wore on a chain around his neck. it was in a little capsule that screwed closed and was made of silver.
if that thing was more than an inch long i'll eat my hat. he kept it for his glasses, which were always loosening. really now, less than an inch!