Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 PM
athenagwis

Ladies can I just say how inspirational your work has been to me? I have been wanting to make a Dear Jane for some time now, but I don't have the funds to make it yet. I got a $25 GC for Amazon from MyPoints yesterday, so I am going to use that to buy the software when the GC comes in (about 6 weeks). I am sure it will take me a year to be able to buy all the fabric needed for this quilt, but it's so lovely, it'll be worth the wait!! I would like to make my quilt with a different fabric for each block if I can. How big of pieces do you think I will need to ensure I have enough for any block I make?

I keep going back and forth on what colors/fabrics to use, but since my husband wants to start reenacting the civil war (We do Revolutionary War right now, see my avatar), I think I am going to use civil war repros and hand piece it, maybe even while we are reenacting!! How cool to work on this quilt while dressed as Jane herself would have been? I know it won't be easy (or cheap) to collect that many civil war prints, but I've already waited this long to make the quilt!

Anywho, thanks everyone for all your inspiration, I so so so wish I could be making blocks with you right now, but it'll be great to have all your threads to look at when I am finally able to start mine!

Rachel