Old 05-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I see alot of people struggling to piece 12" quilt blocks that have HSTs in them or triangles. I realize not everyone is going to piece things the way I do. But I would like to share with you the way I do it. If it works for you then great! and if it doesn't thanks for looking!!

I use this same method for most of my quilt blocks. It doesn't matter if you are making a 12" quilt block or a 6" quilt block the steps are the same.

The problems I see coming up are sections are not square or they are 1" short or they are not fitting right for whatever reason. If you are trying to follow a complicated number of steps that can be so confusing.

So let me show you how you can have sections or blocks that fit together right and will help you make this quilt block without any frustration. At least I hope it doesn't frustrate anyone!

Beginners can do this. It isn't complicated if you know the tricks and the steps to make this quilt block.

Take a deep breath and here we go!!

First I want to show you the progression of how the quilt block comes together. Then I will break it down into 4 patches and a 9 patch.

Best of All Quilt Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69741[/ATTACH]

The Layout of all the "Blocks" or units
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69742[/ATTACH]

4 patches sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69743[/ATTACH]

The 4 patches sewn into rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69744[/ATTACH]

The two top rows sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69745[/ATTACH]

Add the third row to the first two rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69746[/ATTACH]

Now it is all sewn together into the quilt block!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69747[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-69736.jpe   attachment-69737.jpe   attachment-69738.jpe   attachment-69739.jpe   attachment-69740.jpe  

attachment-69741.jpe   attachment-69742.jpe