View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM
lucylockett

I was just at my LQS and the owner was showing me her new longarm machine. She plans to offer classes to teach us how to use it. She will require that we buy the leaders for approx. $90. and the classes will cost approx. $110. After we do this, the machine will be available for rent for $15 hourly. Is this is line with the cost at your LQS?

How is it going for you. Easier or harder than you thought? I'm interested to hear about your experience.

JanetM,
I had my first longarm machine class today. The was from 9am-1pm and cost $50. We watched a video on Handiquilter and the shop owner stopped it from time to time and we went to her HQ longarms for some hands-on. I enjoyed the class and learned a lot! We will have to purchase our own leader cloth (in the long run it saves money when we can sew/pin our quilt pieces to the leader at home before we get to the shop). She charges $15/hour to use the longarm-same as your LQS. We also have to purchase our own needles and bobbins to use each time we come in. Finances won't permit me to make the plunge right now, but I enjoyed learning about it anyway!