Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Panther Creek Quilting

While searching the board yesterday, I saw that there was a quilt show local to me and after searching more I found a guild about 40 minutes from me. I was so excited and looked on their site and the meeting was last night. So I put on my brave face and went.

I was the Missouri River Quilters Guild, in Jefferson City, Missouri. They were so friendly. When I arrived, they looked genuinly happy to see me. After learning that I didn't know anyone there, they paired me with with a group of buddies. I met a lot of ladies and loved the meeting. First they have a social half-hour with drinks and snacks. They had a business portion that lasted a little while since they are trying to wrap up for their Quilt show in June. Then they had a guest speaker from the sewing center in Mexico. She presented a trunk show and I was in quilt overload. But much to my excitement they also had a show and tell and with 75 members, they had about 15 more quilts shown for this portion of the meeting. Then they dismissed and I had at least ten people ask me to please come back and tell me that they would love to have join (not pushy like). It was so much fun and YES I will be going again.

Sheila

P.S. Their Quilt show is in June and they have commitments for over 300 quilts already. If you have a chance, it will be worth it to go.