Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 AM
cjaye44

Billy, I am in the process of getting all the "ingredients" on your list. I have been everywhere trying to find Kerosene only to learn it is available only in the winter for heaters. I went to a small hardware store and they suggested mineral spirits as a substitute. Will this work?? Next, the Scotts pourable...all I get is "never heard of it". Customer service around here is zilch! Lastly, the grease. I found the Tri Flow oil but not the grease for the gears. There again, all I get is a look that says "Lady, you don't know what you're doing or what you're looking for". I've been to hardware stores, auto parts stores and Walmart. My son suggested a bicycle shop. I found one and they said they use a clear grease on the gears of all their high performance bikes. I also found a white lithium grease in a tube which is used for gears, at least it had a picture of gears on the packaging.

So...can you help?? I am so looking forward to this. I have already printed the first installment and put it in a binder for future reference. Thank you so much for taking the time to help us all out!!