Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 PM
amazon

This is kind of along the same lines but from the other side,I received a set of quilted pillows from DH aunt at our wedding shower,it was preprinted star pattern with pink and greens, not my "colors" at the time. they were all handquilted and embroiderd with our names & date., secretly I was dissapointed that she didn't ask our colors, but I sewed clothes and drapery at the time and knew that a lot of work went into them, so I thanked her then and with a thank you card too.Everytime I placed them on our bed, i would get irrtated, so young and SOOO stupid!!!!Looking back I could kick myself for being so blinded by my desire to be matchy that i couldn't see the beauty and love that went into those pillows. Those pillows are one of my most cherished items now and they still are placed on my bed almost 15 yrs later. Its funny how it finally dawns on you that everything doesn't have to match to be beautiful. I was also that new mom that freaked when DD pacifier hit the floor, would dash to sterilize it with hot soapy water, no matter where we were,jump to child no. 4, 5 second rule ! brush it off and pop it back in.LOL. Thank the Lord that we learn!Give her time and I think she'll come around and see the beauty and workmanship for what they are ! Priceless!!!!!!!!So go ahead and make that quilt!Whether you give it now or later.