View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by raptureready
Yesterday I was "gifted" with a huge box of goodies. There was lace, felt, patterns, velour, leather, flannel and several old cutter quilts. There was a wool comforter which I'm going to try to find a new home for since I'm allergic to it, an old crazy quilt in sad condition--really sad; three others that I'd like to restore and a double nine patch top that some idiot has cut the centers out of all the small nines. Can these be washed before being restored? Most have old cotton batting a few have blankets or heavy muslin, one doesn't have batting, it's just backed with heavy feed sacks--it's the smallest and will be the easiest to restore. What would be the best way to get them to smell better and feel cleaner before trying to work with them?
Possibly my favorite but backing and most of the cotton batting have been removed. MANY of the pieces have shredded
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70385[/ATTACH]

Okay, this isn't an old quilt it's my daughter and her A+A+ bug collection. She got a A+ for the variety and number of insects and an A+ for arrangment and labeling
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70386[/ATTACH]

this one is just a top with centers cut out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70460[/ATTACH]

missing centers. I think this one will be relatively easy to fix
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70461[/ATTACH]

This one is small, no batting, backed with heavy feed sacks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70462[/ATTACH]

cotton batting, some holes in top and batting, not too bad, hand quilted with heavy thread
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70463[/ATTACH]

Love this one, but sadly pieces are missing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70464[/ATTACH]

batting is an old blanket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70465[/ATTACH]

the best of the bunch, nothing really wrong with this one except a few minor moth holes, but it's wool so it's going back---allergies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107187[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70380.jpe   attachment-70381.jpe   attachment-70455.jpe   attachment-70456.jpe   attachment-70457.jpe  

attachment-70458.jpe   attachment-70459.jpe   attachment-70460.jpe   attachment-107181.jpe   attachment-107182.jpe