View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 04:41 AM
weezie

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
One of my co-workers is on a bowling league and won a door prize on Saturday. He said he took a lot of razzing from the other guys because he won the "Quilting Basket". I am the only quilter he knows.

Jackpot for me! Inside the cute basket I found 2 magazines, 2 patterns, assorted notions, 18 pieces of fabric that I thought were fat quarters. When I took it all apart, I discovered they are 1/2 yard or more each. I let his daughter have all the candy! I kept the good stuff! :thumbup:

Any ideas on how to "pay him back"? He said he doesn't want anything quilted :lol:
For me, it would depend on whether I thought he wanted to be paid back. Some people do not! I am one of those. If I gave you a door prize that I had won, I would want and expect nothing in return and would sincerely hope that you would not feel at all obligated. Accept and enjoy are all I want someone to do when I give a gift.

Same subject, different thought: It WAS very nice of him to be the giver and lucky of you to be the receiver.