View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 PM
RatherB Quilting

I'm sorry...I am in a really sensitive mood today and it might be my mood talking, but I just really need to post this.
Several times in my wanderings through the posts since I've joined this forum, I see it repeated and repeated..."There are no quilt police here...", but then I'll see posts where someone will say "well, her piecing/quilting/cutting/sewing/etc wasn't perfect, but..." and it really bothers me.
I really feel that we all have strengths and weaknesses in our crafts. There is not one single person on this forum or anywhere else that produces "Perfect" piecing or quilting or anything. There will inherently be flaws of some kind in anything produced by a human hand...and thank goodness for that! Many times what looks good to one person's eye is not attractive to another's eye...and thank goodness for that too! The flaws in a quilt often times give it character and a story. It is unneccesary to point out something you consider a flaw, and personally, I think it's not nice.
So, to step off my soapbox and apologise for my cranky mood...Please, when you post something that was cut/pieced/quilted or just plain crafted by someone other than yourself, before you press "send" please consider what that person would think if they could read your comments and don't point out flaws. Of course it's not perfect, but it was done by someone's hand, heart and mind and it's beautiful!
:)