View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Born2Sew

You know I really do wish I had kept the very first shirt that I made for my hubby. Just so I could compare the quality of my work then to the shirts I make for him now.

Equipment does indeed make an immense difference in the finished product. As does experience. You can't get experience without practice. Opinions of experienced quilters can be a valued resource in the learning aspect, that is if one wants to excel and improve upon their abilities. I think it is fantastic to have such a wonderful group of quilters here than are so willing to help one another. Not all of us have the opportunity to take classes or meet with others who quilt to learn from.

I am not aware of anyone here than has ever intentionally been negative toward anyone's work. Perhaps I missed something. Tossing ideas out there that might enhance the next quilt project, does not necessarily indicate negativity toward any one project.

I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, but my hubby is far more so than I. If what I have made was done to the best of my ability, then I'm happy. I know that I will do better each time. I don't always appreciate hubby pointing things out to me that he would have or would do differently.
I have started listening to him though, if nothing else just so he feels a part of what I am doing. In doing so, I've found that sometimes the end result was better for having listened to him. We just think differently and that's okay. Sharing ideas is what it's all about right?