View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 AM
DeeJays10

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
DeeJays
I ended up resorting to the Avery iron on transfers.. its the same stuff used to put on t-shirts and tote bags etc.
Can you give me any suggestions or advice??
I use Bubble Jet Set now. I use to use the iron transfers, but they, as you said, don't like to be touched with the iron after setting on fabric and eventually with washing and drying they crack and peel.

I buy the full sized label sheets, trim the fabric a little larger, place on the sticky side of label sheet, turn it over and trim to make sure all fabric and threads are gone from beyond the label size. Then I run it through my printer. I use a graphic/photo program (Corel Draw/Photo) to adjust (Corel Photo) and print (Corel Draw) my photos. This way I can add photos, text or anything else I want. Let them dry well, take them off the label sheet and I usually let them set for 24 hours, iron on the back side, and then rinse them in woolite, very carefully. You have to make sure that one area doesn't touch the other, because there is some residue that will transfer, but usually only when you first put it in the water. Once the entire item is wet, it doesn't seem to transfer any more.

There are probably more people that can give you better info.

Good Luck,
Donna