View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 07:24 AM
sahm4605

many times i think that the critical comments on peoples work are more helpful than hurtful. mostly because one can't improve with flattery. I also don't think that people are making comments to be mean but helpful.
From personal experience, my mom is very emotional since hitting menopause, I have to keep reminding her that she needs to check her hormone levels and if they are right and she still feels the comments made by people are horrible, I tell her to talk to them on the side and fix the situation. I have to remind my self of this. Since having kids, my emotions are all messed up. my hubby can very nicely say that he didn't like dinner and I sometimes take it as I am a horrible wife, why can't I learn to cook, clean and take care of the children. But I then realize that he is not being me about me but just that his pallet is not like mine. The same can be said about our quilting. I just finished quilting together a quilt and I am about to go and rip it all apart because I know that if anyone ever saw it they would slap me silly. I will make a post of it before I do the ripping so that everyone can tell me what I did wrong.
And we must remember that if we take offense at something said then we must remember that we are giving offense also. hope this all makes since to everyone.