View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 AM
AnnaK

Originally Posted by johncy
1st. what type of shoe werer you wearing, 2nd where is your pain , is it on the arch or the bone of the great toe. you need to do some stretching of the calf muscles, your low back and your toes. (i'm a quilter that is also a physical therapist) put the front part of your foot on a book and step foward with your other leg while keeping your heel on the ground. this will stretch your calf and achellies muscle, next lay on the floor and pull left knee toward your left shoulder while breathing out repeat 10 times for each side. then for your foot cross your ankle over your knee and get a hold of your toes stretch them towards your knee. then push them down towards the bottom of your foot this stretches the tendons that attach to your toes. and lastly epson salts warm bath every other day for about a wk. good luck.
Pain has been diminishing daily but not gone away completely. However, because I am compensating it's kind of travelled to my shin as well. If I'm not better Monday, I'll go see the doctor. Okay, the pain is on the top side of my foot, so if my lLeg is an "L", the pain is on the angle where the foot and leg meet. I just went online to look at foot bones and it looks like it is the Navicular, maybe the Talus. I can actually touch the spot that hurts and it is just in the very center. Will this p/t still work for this area?