View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 AM
fabricluvr

Originally Posted by SNUGQUILT
Ohhhh! So pretty! I love it. I noticed you used your circut to cut the flowers. Do you like that? I've been looking at that and then maybe the accuquilt go...just haven't decided if it's really what I 'need' or want! Absolutely LOVE your quilt!
thank you!

i've cut fabric a few times with my cricut. i scrapbook, too (or used to) and i have the red sizzix, which is a miniature, it seems, to the accuquilt cutter. both have their pros and cons. for my purposes, the accuquilt would be too limiting because, as i understand it, the dies only come in a predetermined size. with the cricut, you can size objects to suit your needs. but . . . to get the most out of the cricut and fabric projects, you'd also need to use the softwares that are available like make-the-cut or sure-cuts-a-lot, in addition to the designs available on the cartridges.

some really good prices on cricut machines these days. i would recommend you not even bother with the smaller one (the 'personal' or 'create') and go straight for the expression (larger cutting area).

probably more information than you wanted :)