Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 PM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by Kathy N
I found the manual on line and it doesn't say the shank but by the photos of the feet it looks like a low shank machine. I think with Janome the only high shank machines are the embroidery machines. I have a .pdf of the owners manual if you would like it just PM me. Another way to know is if only one finger fits under the screw to the face plate it is a low shank.
What is a face plate?

Also, will try to take pictures of it tomorrow. By the descriptions, I bet it's a low shank. I can only fit barely a finger in the method you described. It's not a computerized machine in any way nor does it have embroidery features. It may have been a basic model? It has a few stitching options and some decorative stitching...not really a whole heck of a lot, but it's not a computerized machine. .

I just wanted something better than the basic brother I got for 80.00 at walmart. Sewed like a dream, still does apparently because I gave it to my SIL when I got this machine and she just started her quilting journey 2 years ago. She's going to run into the same problem I did though....brother makes very specific shanks for their walmart models...it's like a learner machine. The minute you want to do anything fancy that involved attachments that didn't come with the machine, you will find out real quick from brother that they don't make quilting feet or any really nice accessories for those models...but they are more than happy to help you order a machine that better suits your needs!!