View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
I like this little tissue case because you can use regular tissues in it...I forget to buy the special little packages for the other tissue cases.
I hope I can explain this ok...may have to do 2 posts to get the pics in
First you need your main fabric, lining and medium weight interfacing each cut at 5 1/2" x 10 1/2"
Lay the interfacing down with the lining fabric right side up...fold into thirds....about 3 1/2" at each end toward the center...lay 2 pieces of 1/8th " or 1/4" ribbon across the lining near the folds...just a tad toward the center of the fold.
pin in place and then lay your main fabric wrong side up onto the lining and interfacing and stitch with 1/4" seam around leaving an opening at the center between the ribbons on one side...
clip the corners and turn and stitch the opening closed and press well
Hi Sue, Thanks for the tutorial. I made one of the small cases and then put my large (Puffs) in, but it was such a hasstle to get one out. I'm going to try this one.

Another thing....if you buy Puffs you don't have to re fold them to fit in the case like you do with Kleenex. They are layered in the box and not pop ups that have to be refolded.