Thread: EQ6
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:18 AM
ajpadilla

I would wait for EQ7 to come out. EQ7 has everything EQ6 has, and then a ton more. There is a special price if you order now (until May 31). We're talking about a $30 difference - in my book well worth the price.

Is it worth it? For me, 100% yes. It is the software program I use the most. It does have a lot of things, so if you haven't used design software before, you will have to dedicate some time to learn. And then you can use it for simple things (like simply selecting blocks from the library and propping them down in a pre-designed layout) or go as complicated as you like. If you commit to the lessons in the manual and take advantage of the videos and help files, learning will not be difficult.

In addition, Electric Quilt is known for its super friendly and efficient staff. If you have a problem, all you have to do is contact them and they will get back to you right away. Can't say that about any other software program I own!

If you have more questions, please ask. I was privileged to be ask to Beta test EQ7, so am already quite familiar with the program.