View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Lostn51
Banned

This is just my take on things..........

The quilt police are probably the ones with the latest greatest equipment to work with and a long arm quilter in their back pocket. They have been to every class there is to go to, own an entire library of all the quilting experts books and they think they are an expert because of it. That and they probably live miserable lives to top it all off.

I will admit I am my own worst critic when it comes to anything that I do. I see tons of "Boy what the heck was I thinking about" mistakes in my quilts and when some else looks at them they think they are just lovely and look wonderful. The whole time in the back of my head I am thinking they are either blind or just being nice.

However you do have to judge my quilts on a curve because.........

#1 I am a guy

#2 They were done on a machine that was out of date before the advent of electricity

#3 I have only been doing this for around two years

#4 I taught myself how to sew the same day I started quilting, come to think about it I just learned how to spell quilting a few days ago........

But I say send the "Quilt Police" on over here to my neck of the woods. Lets throw them in front of my 100 year old machine and all of the technology to go with it and see how perfect their quilt is then! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I bet it would take them half the day to figure out how to work the machine!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy