Old 05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Billy... that is quite a difference.

Somehow I missed your 2nd addition of your tutes until this morning.

Just came back from the store with 'most' of the things I need to begin cleaning when I get a machine torn down. Had to go to 2 stores to get kerosene. Neither store had the Scott's Liquid Gold in any form.

:?: :?: I realize that kerosene was written to use for cleaning machines in some of the older Singer manuals. But, in 2010, aren't there other more easily available cleaning products that would not damage the decals and such? I am a 'why' person, I'd just like to know for my own noggin'. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I just posted the other tutes this morning between 1 and 3am (yeah I know what is a person doing up that late :lol: :lol: ) and I will be working on the others tonight or tomorrow.

I still have to redo the case and I am planning to convert this machine to a handcrank so I have a few more tutorials and a little more time to put into it before I call it finished. But for a "Junker" machine I think it turned out REALLY nice!!

As far as the cleaners I would think they have something out there that is just as good but I have not found it nor has anyone else that restores the machines. If they have they are keeping the product a "sqeakrit" and not saying anything about it.

Did you check you local Kroger Grocery store for the liquid gold? Mine carries it but then it might be a regional thing for them who knows.

Billy