Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Hi I just joined this group. I collect antique sewing machine(Mostly Singers). I'm a member of Treadle On and love to sew with my treadles and other old machines.
Glad you came into the Shop and paid us a visit!! I love the treadles and all of the old machines. I love the American pride and ingenuity that went in to the development of them. And I really dig the history of them and the companies that made them!

Not only do I preserve and restore them I am also in the middle of a research I am doing for the NeedleBar about being able to date and trace the Japanese machines back to the manufacturer and not the company that badged them.

I have TONS of company documents and archived records from several of the Japanese companies and I have managed to break into some new territory about the subcontracting of the machines to other countries.

So if I am not in my Shop here I am in the books trying to solve more mysteries!!

Please feel free to post photos of all of you machines and tell us about them! We are all family here and nobody is a stranger!!!!

Billy