Old 05-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by 1quilt_gma
Here is a picture of my MILs old Pfaff 230 machine that she used constantly for years. She even made my going away dress in 1966.

I plan to get it oiled and ready to use, but as of now I need two things: One is a new "bed slide" which is supposed to be at the left of the needle plate.

And the other is the answer to this question: Why do you suppose that this Pfaff 230 (# shown on the front) has on the under view the number 130?
I really like your Pfaff!! I would not bet the farm on it but it looks as if the slide plate from a Singer 66 might would fit the machine. Depending on how it is fastened to the machine you might could go to the hobby store and buy some sheet Styrene and cut a plate out of it. If it will slide on and stay then you can watch the bobbin as you sew and see when you are fixing to run out.

I did this to my Model 27 Singer that I painted a Candy Rootbeer I used a dark red clear sheet and made my shuttle plates out of it. Now I can watch my shuttle go back and forth while sewing.

Billy