Old 05-22-2010, 04:40 PM
gaigai
Banned

Janome is a low shank machine. However, a note of caution here before you buy a foot other than at your dealer. There are two different quarter inch feet. They are for different types of machines. I have a Memory Craft 4000. When I took it in for servicing (such a great machine, I've had it 17 years and only had it in twice!) I got a really low end Janome loaner. I think it was a Gem, a discontinued model. I told them I had a quarter inch foot, but was told that mine would not work on it. One is for an "oscillating" machine, and the other for a ? machine. Anyhow, my foot DID fit on that machine, but they showed me how it could damage the needle and the timing if it were used on the wrong machine.

I would go to the dealer, tell him "I want a quarter inch foot for a XYZ machine." And if he tries to sell you something, be RUDE and interrupt and say, "I am not interested in ANYTHING but this foot. Do you want to sell it to me or should I go elsewhere?".

You can also go directly to the Janome webside and dowload a manual for your particular machine. That should tell you the foot type you need too. Good luck.