Old 05-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Sharon - NC

I have been offline for a couple of days and was really surprised to see how many posts there were to this thread. I guess it's because many of us have had similar experiences. I really got a lot of good input and enjoyed reading all of your posts.

My brother and I are 16 years apart...I was the oldest of the kids and he was the youngest. He was just 2 when I left for college, but we've gotten close in recent years. I guess I'll kind of be Aunt "Grandma" Sharon since I'm so much older than he is. lol Fortunately, our mom is still alive and kicking at 72. They don't know yet if it is a boy or a girl, but the sonogram they had last week showed it has a healthy heart and is growing well. This is great news since they've had several miscarriages. We're just praying for a healthy baby who makes it into this world. And to that end, he/she WILL have a soft colorful quilt made by Aunt Sharon!! I had thought about waiting until he/she is old enough to have some preferences/favorites and make one then, but I'm going to have one made to welcome it home, whether it gets used or not. I may keep it here for when he/she visits, and give it to him/her to take to his/her house when she/he gets bigger. I like the idea of using different textures and bright colors.

I will post a picture when I'm done :-)

Thanks for the input, thoughts, ideas, hugs, and caring!!

Sharon