View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 02:18 AM
no1jan

Welcome, and join the "dawn age" club. That's want I call it as I am always up at dawn.

I usually wake up anywhere from 3:00 to 5:00. I think I have slept till 7 once in the last 10 years, but that was due to taking another sleeping pill at 3:00 in the morning and not sleeping for 2 days prior.

I take a lot of vitamins prescribed from my doctor but don't know if they truely helped menopause. They were for another health issue, but I guess it killed 2 birds on many pills. ;) :wink:

The hot flashes finally stopped, except for an occassional one, but as for the sleeping I've gotten used to it.

When I wake up at 3 I put on a cup of coffee, boot up my computer, and pop onto the message board to check anything new.

Then I have about 4 hours before anyone else is up! :thumbup:

I like that. I can do anything I want (unless it is noise involved) by myself. I sew, go outside and watch the sunrise and the birds starting to wake up (with my coffee).

I really love this time as it is my time to be alone without someone asking for something. My DH rarely leaves me alone as I had a stroke in 2003, so this time is precious to me. I am fine now, as they figured out it was due to a blood disease and it is controlled with medicine. But he is my DH and worries about me.

So again, welcome to the "Dawn Club"! You'll get used to it and enjoy it in time. Just think of all the extra hours you have to enjoy! :wink: :wink:

Hugs, Jan!
:thumbup: :) :thumbup: