View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

I've done quite a bit of EPP over the years, a double bed quilt in largish hexes, a quillow with much smaller ones (half inch on each side), wall hanging from 1in squares. I currently have an ongoing postage stamp quilt I am doing the same way. My papers are cut straight from graph paper, each square is 2cm (I was going to make them 1in, but couldn't buy any graph paper that size when I went looking, so metric they had to be).

With this quilt, I make up blocks of 16 squares. I wante the whole quilt to have a bright look, so chose the patches accordingly, but to keep some kind of continuity, in each group of 16 squares, I put one white square, and one black. I did an awful lot of it on train journeys across Ireland to Dublin when I was attending a lot of outpatient appts. at two different hospitals there. One, quite small zip lock bag would hold lots of cut papers and fabric squares, a needle, thread and scissors.

After a while, I added a bit of design in the form of blue squares forming a rectangle. Some people don't seem to be able to see it (something to do with eyesight, I think).

Postage stamp quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71982[/ATTACH]

detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]71983[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-71977.jpe   attachment-71978.jpe