View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 AM
kapatt

Congratulations on your featherweight. I know you will have lots of pleasure sewing on her. Even though the last owner raised the price several times, you still got a great deal. I agree with the person who said that she is repainted. The green they were talking about in the book is considered a white machine, even though I think they added a little tinge of green. The discussion of the color of the machine has gotten to the point that many experts get exasperated, claiming that the machine was all white and no green added. (Whatever...I have my own opinion on the whole thing... :) )

I just wanted to added one thing about the belt. When you tighten it, make sure that you don't tighten it too much. You want it just barely tight enough to work.

The problem you had with it not sewing at first is one that I think all of us with featherweights run into. We forget that the thread goes into the needle from the right side. (I don't use my featherweight enough to remember so I always have to look at my manual as a reminder.)

:thumbup: Congratulations on your new member of you family and have fun!!!!!