Old 05-23-2010, 07:32 AM
JCquilts
Banned

Originally Posted by JCquilts
OK Billy, sorry to be a bother, but I havent had anyone to share and talk old sewing machines with in such a long time..

I really want to know about the little black one I bought at the auction today with the weird serial number...

and

I also have an old Singer that was used in a factory. So it is in a Singer factory table with a huge moter mounted on the frame, not the machine. I would really like to convert this to a domestic sized motor so I can use it. The big industrial motor is also a Singer. I went to an auction where they were closing a childrens clothing factory and could only buy one of the machines. So this one was my choice. The reason was that the table, machine and motor were all made by Singer AND it had a binding foot attached. I had never seen one of those.. I have the small binding foot for the domestic machines, but this one is much meatier. So, what do you think? Can I convert it? And if so, what should I do with that BIG motor? Is there any market for it?

Poke, poke, poke, bother, bother, bother, I know I used to do that to my brother all the time when we were kids.. Thanks in advance.
OK, Im adding pictures to this one so's you can see what I mean. It is a Singer 95-30. See that big ole motor. and the three foot pedals,, I guess it has a clutch....

the machine fits into that hole in the top, I had to take it out to lighten the load.. Even for my Son, this one is HEAVY...
It takes cone thread.. that little cone thing is where you put it.. then there is a long pole that goes in the corner that the thread feeds through before it goes to the machine..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-71988.jpe   attachment-71989.jpe   attachment-71990.jpe   attachment-71991.jpe   attachment-71992.jpe  

attachment-71993.jpe   attachment-71994.jpe   attachment-71995.jpe   attachment-71997.jpe