Old 05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
mpeters1200

I'm sure I'm outgrowing parts of it....but it's such a wonderful machine, I doubt very much I'll ever part with it.....maybe someday upgrade to a newer Janome so the feet will be interchangeable.

I guess it's the ankle piece that holds the thing that the feet snap into...I hope that description sounds right. I have to unscrew and take off the entire assembly until just the post is left, then I have to swing the lever that goes up and down on the walking foot above this little phlange thing that comes off the side, rotate it a bit to wrap these little finger things onto the post, then put the screw back in.

I really like my walking foot...it just seems to stitch too close together even if I lengthen my stitch. Oh well, for my purposes, it works very well. With the throat of the machine so small, it's difficult to quilt anything over wallhanging size on it. I quilted my step-son's queen on it and it was a pain in the patootie I would like not to repeat.

And that link is perfect. It's exactly the one I originally had. Thank you thank you....I'm off to buy! And free shipping too!