Thread: retired teacher
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Sandi19

Hi, I'm Sandi from Ia., then Illinois, and for the last 5 yrs. I've been retired in Florida. I started quilting in July of 2008 because I wanted to make a special gift for my best friend. Her husband was battling cancer and I wanted a gift that expressed my love and friendship(since we were 3). My mom gave me a few quick lessons while I was in Iowa and when I returned to Florida I made my first quilt and my friend was so touched. I have since made her another one for a housewarming gift after her husband's death.
I wish I could be closer to my mom so we could sew together. We sew a lot whenever we visit each other. I am totally hooked on this quilting. I've been making quilts for friends as they retire, quilts for veterans, and Downy quilts. I never had time to sew while I was teaching elem. school for 35 yrs. This has been so rewarding.
I read this post every single day. I'd get more sewing done if I stayed off the computer, but I'm fascinated by all the beautiful work and helpful hints on this website. Thanks to all of you who contribute to this site.