View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Katia

I was sure it was a repaint when I first saw her, but it really did not matter, I think she is beautiful. When we got her home and turned it over, you can see a few places where there is a little over spray. The gal I got it from said it was owned by a lady that was a friend of the family and had left all her stuff to this gals MIL. She said the lady that owned it was very old and had owned the machine forever, which is why she thought it was original. But whoever did the repaint did a great job, and I like the two tone color. The color is a little more sage-y then minty like in the picture.

I am sure the case is not original either, so that is something I will need to look for. All in good time.

My husband is so funny. At first he thought this was all just a girl thing, but the more he looks at them, the more he sees the potential. He was telling me this morning that he looked on line for a long time for FW's on Craigslist. I think I infected him and he did not even know it. He was saying how it would look so nice to have a shelf or area where you could display all the old machines, all cleaned up and pretty in a line. And not a regular line, but at an angle so you could fit more machines. Maybe even lined up by age. LOL

I can not wait to start a project on her, but I want to redo the lubricant in the motor, and oil her again. I was amazed how beautiful she does stitch. I was thinking that a stitch is a stitch, right? But this was so precise.