Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Hello! I'm new to the site, I followed a link to this thread from the TreadleOn email list. My name is Angie, and I'm a fairly new vintage machine enthusiast...........

I have to say, I've been having the best time reading through this thread and seeing all your gorgeous sewing machines! I'm only up to page 20 or so, but thought I'd post and introduce myself before I end up replying to someone's post and have them wondering who on earth I am or where I came from LOL.

Angie
Welcome Angie and sounds like you have some nice machines in you hands now!!! The last machine you were talking about the Raymond there is a few discussions about the company and the "Beaver" going on right now in the NeedleBar. If your not a member yet you really need to join!

It is an international group of collectors whose love for the sewing machine and the history of them has built the site into what I would consider the best source of information on the vintage and antique sewing machine hands down. The Smithsonian uses them all the time for information and research so they are a very well respected group.

Damn near sounds like a sales pitch but I spent all nite last night working on some research for them and have not slept yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway please post some photos of your beauties and I am sooo glad you came by the Shop and dropped in to say hello!! Just remember that we are all family here and there is always coffee, tea, and snacks waiting on you along with a stool to pull up to the counter.

Billy