View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 AM
gail-r

I'm actually looking forward to this trip. At the last count there should be somewhere between 34 to 45 family and friends. Several camping units, several tents, 5 or 6 boats and a lot of fun. Since I don't fish, I am taking my Juki and making some quilted scarves for my dresser and nightstands. We have a pretty nice 34' 5th wheel, 32" flat screen, dvd player, small dishwasher, full bath, washer/dryer combo. It is old 1998 but we completely remodeled it in 2004 and lived in it in the winters for 3 years. It is actually quit comfortable. I'm so looking forward to the great grandkids, boy 6 1/2, girl 4 and girl 2. They have all camped enough to know most of the rules, don't leave the camp area, don't go near the water without an adult, don't go near the fire, those kind of things. We still have to watch the 2 year old but there will be enough of us that shouldn't be a problem. We do a lot of pot luck meals, usually we decide on a theme, such as mexican night and everyone brings their favorite mexican dish. I do have to say that with 4 grandson's between the ages of 21 & 25, they can get pretty roughty but they are good boys and two are married so the girls help keep them in line. They make a competion out of everything so I'm sure we will have a big fish thing. Some of us older campers play cards in the afternoon or go for walks to enjoy the scenery and there is usually a big "texas holdem" card game every night. The lake is one of the most beautiful and sits high in the wastach mountains. So, guess I'm saying don't feel to bad for me, I'll probably eat enough smores for a small village!!

Hugs, Gail