View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 AM
patdesign

Originally Posted by AnnaK
I did a search on foot pain and all I came up with are sewing machine 'feet'. I am experiencing pain on the upper side of my right (pedal) foot. All I can think of is that the Sunday/Monday sewathon did me in. Anyone else experience this type of foot pain. I can hardly bend my foot for the pain in that joint. I've tried icing it and arnica cream. I'm going to rest it again today and if it's not better, will have to go see the doc. I may have to learn to use the left foot (notice I'm not giving up sewing.) Driving a car is a different story.
I mounted my machines in a cabinet and use a knee pedal, what a difference, no more foot pain, and no right side lock up either. There are vintage and used cabinets around and it might be worth looking into. Unless you have a lower table that is below 30 inches high then a portable puts the machine UP too tall for most of us to be comfortable, and that throws the entire right side of the body out. I have spent a lot of time at the osteopaths and am very aware of when I am stressing out my leg and back, so when it gets tired, I rest or do something else for a while.