View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
ruthruff3

I live in Lansing, Michigan and have had my own long arm quilting business for 1 1/2 years and quilted for a store before that.

I have made several quilts of my own and have quilted hundreds for customers. I have a very special friend, who is also a customer, and she entered an amazing dragon quilt that she designed into a large quilt show this past weekend and won best of show out of about 400 quilts. I am so proud of her and happy that she won - she deserved it.

I am also excited because this was the first best of show win for a quilt that I did the top quilting on. People keep saying to me ...."you have such a talent" and I always say "I just love doing it and anyone can do it with practice". I still believe that but am thrilled to see a quilt win!!

I would encourage everyone to believe in themselves and show off your projects from time to time because we all deserve to be proud of our work!

I wish the custom quilting would've shown up better in the picture. It was a ball to quilt!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72886[/ATTACH]

Designed and Pieced by Nancy Thelen, Quilted by Kelli Ruthruff, Moon House Quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72970[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72881.jpe   attachment-72965.jpe