View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:26 PM
moonrise

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lisa, and I live in NorthWest GA, just south of Chattanooga, TN. I'm 42, and have been quilting for a few years. My grandmother and great-grandmother were both quilters too, and I first helped them work on a quilt when I was just 7 or 8 years old. :-D

I consider myself to be intermediate level, I suppose. Mostly what I've made have been lap quilts, but recently I made my first queen-size quilt top (paper-pieced). I just need to add a border, and it'll be ready to quilt. Yay! I'm fairly new to paper-piecing, but so far, I *love* it. Right now I'm working on a scrappy blue spiderweb lap quilt.

Sewing machine-wise, I've got an older Singer that's just a basic sewing machine (but is a workhorse and my personal preference for piecing), a Brother serger, and I just bought a Brother SQ-9000 machine to learn free motion quilting. It's okay ... it feels kind of flimsy but I think it'll work. I'd love to get a long arm machine, but that's waaay out of the budget. :lol: I also recently inherited several sewing/embroidery machines from my grandmother, which I haven't even had a chance to figure out yet. A bunch of her and my great-grandmother's quilts were passed down to me as well, and I cherish them SO much.

I just learned about Project Linus, and am hoping to get involved with it. The "Block of the Month" and the swaps here on the forum sound like a LOT of fun, too. :thumbup:

Pet-wise and husband-wise (LOL!), I've been married for almost 22 years to my high school sweetheart, have 4 cats, 4 gerbils, 15 zebra finches, and 2 large aquariums. It's a zoo around here! :-D