Old 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Melody

I bought the thimble and the hoop. I absolutely love the thimble! I didn't think I would because I use a Roxanne thimble. The deeply recessed thimble that Jean uses is so easy to maneuvre when making circles and curves. With the Roxanne I have a tendency to flip my needle... very exasperating because around here it's like looking for a needle in a haystack (pun intended). I love the smooth feel of the Roxanne and the weight of it (and the looks of it, too!) but I admit that I have been reaching for the recessed thimble more often. I also use a little rubber finger for pulling the thread through. but it isn't a typical office type. The one I have came from the notions section of quilt store and it came 2 to a package and they are blue with little air holes and they are thinner. They are so sensible. Now, I just have to set aside my current quilt and practice on the hoop. I really think the Aunt Becky will work. I just need to get started.

Oh, I ordered the hoop from Jean Brown's website. It came quickly and was well packaged.