View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 07:31 PM
wesing

I appreciate all the encouragement and help my QB friends have provided. We have finished a couple of other quilts, but this is the first one we have finished every step ourselves. The only problem is we don't know how to bind. We watched some videos on Youtube and did the best we could. We just wrapped the backing around and tacked it down with a decorative stitch.

I explained the "Galloping Horse Rule" to my wife and she likes it. :lol: I think this one passes. I didn't take pics of the problems, but I would like to ask a couple of things. There are some places where the quilting goes all the way to the edge of the quilt and under the binding, and some places where it stops short. I want to be more careful in the future and try to either make it consistent - either out to the edge of the sandwich our stop a couple of inches before the edge. Does this matter?

On the binding, we decided to fold over the backing since we had so much of it. We understand how to turn corners on the separate binding, but we had some trouble with making the corners look right using the backing as binding. Is there a tutorial somewhere about using the backing as binding?

Thanks again everyone. Hope you enjoy our finished quilt.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72999.jpe   attachment-73000.jpe   attachment-73001.jpe