Thread: what a mess
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 04:07 AM
StitchinJoy

[quote=sahm4605]
Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
Originally Posted by StitchinJoy

Here is an interesting blogger who is machine quilting on her domestic machine and trying to come up with a different design every day. She has some beauties that are a nice change from stippling and no harder. Practice practice practice.

quote]

And HERE is the web link: http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/
stitchinjoy, what is the attatchment that she is using on her machine? and is there one like that for a Janome. I have been using a regular foot on mine. I need to get a 1/4 foot so that I can make my seams easier and I think that I will be able to move my fabric better if I have a foot on there that doesn't squish the fabric so much. I know that I should know what all the feet are called that you can us when sewing especially for quilting but I have never seen one like that.
Hi Sahm,
Leah Day says on her website that she sews with a Juki TL98 QE and she uses the foot that comes with it, modified with an open toe.

You do need a good 1/4" foot. It really helps with accurate piecing.

I have enough alcoholics in my family to start our own AA meeting. It's smart for you to avoid the wine. How about some great music and your beverage of choice. I am happy with a big cup of coffee most of the year, or a big glass of lemonade when it gets hot and humid. And listening to your favorite band can really get your rhythm going good when you are machine quilting. I always have music playing when I dance with my longarm machine. Music is magical.

So glad you are having an easy time ripping out.