View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 AM
LindaG

Hello All,

My name is Linda and I am from Massachusetts. I have been married to my husband Phil 34 years this June. When we built our current home, he blessed me with a wonderful sewing room above our garage. We have two married daughters who are not quilters, but I have not given up hope yet! I have a HQ Fusion and with a ProStitcher and I do some digitizing on my own using Pro-Q Designer. I am a computer geek by orofession and I just love that part of the design process!

I learned to sew way back in the 70's when they still had Home Ec classes in public school! My first quilt, QUEEN size, was made with pieces as small as 1" square, using cardboard templates made from cereal boxes, scrap fabric cut with dull scissors and no thought of bias edges - what was bias? Needless to say, that quilt never lay flat until years later after it "eased" itself into place.

I sewed a bit when my kids were growing up, but really got into quilting after my mom passed away in 2002 and I inherited her stash. It was then that I realized how much fun she had sewing while Dad was off golfing during their Florida winters!

I quilt for fun - and sometimes for money. I am the current President of Shrewsbury, MA Schoolhouse Quilters. Quilting is my therapy, I tell my husband...and he knows "when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

Enough about me - I look forward to reading all your tips, sharing recipes and helping out when I can too!

Your Stitchin' Sister,

Linda Gosselin
Northbridge, MA