View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM
JanetM

Originally Posted by tuesy
I know we all have things that we order online and those shipping cost always come into play. Sometimes they're so outrageous that I won't order. Other times, if it's something I need and can't find elsewhere I bite the bullet and order it anyways.
What gets me though is when you know that the one item you ordered is NOT going to cost say $2.00 to send and when you get the item, you see the postage and sure enough, you were overcharged at least $1.50. Why is it that shipping has to be so outrageous??
Don't they understand that if they lower their shipping to the actual cost of shipping then they'll sell more merchandise?

I've sold things here on the board and I have never charged more for shipping than it really is. I've even had to take out of the money I got for the item to pay sometimes for the overage of the shipping.

Albeit, I'm not a company, but I don't believe in ripping people off.. why can't companies who are in business because of us, the consumer do the same thing?

Thanks for listening.. I just get tired of being ripped off!!
I feel like you do. I can't tell you how many times I have decided not to order something because the shipping is almost the same price as the product I want to order.
Granted, if at all possible I order several things to help offset the shipping cost, but sometimes I just need the one thing. If the shipping was in line with the actual cost I wouldn't hesitate to order.
I currently am looking for two notions, InvisaGrip (keeps rulers from slipping), and the Curve Master Foot, but can't find them both on one site. I just am not willing to spend upwards to $15. to have these items shipped to me. :cry: