View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM
kyssyfur

I have a quilt store just down the road from the house. I really like it because it is close and several of the instructors are just amazing! I have learned so much from them. But lately the store owner has just been getting on my nerves. She is overly nice person, kind of sickly sweet. Her voice is kind of high pitched and she has the worst laugh ever! But I could handle all that if it was just that. But I took a class she taught and hated it. It was a one day, 10am-4pm class on appliqué. I didn't learn a thing. In fact I had to remind her to do things, like put stabilizer behind the fabric and I only knew about that because I read it in a book! I also signed up for a block of the month club. Money is really tight right now so I have to put a hold on making anymore quilts so I thought this would be a good way to keep my limited skills up ( I am just a beginner). I was under the impression that each month she would go through the square with us, explain how to do it, and answer any questions. Not so much. We sit through a 30 min sales pitch on new fabrics, patterns, or tools and then she hands us our package of fabric. Thats fine, I can struggle through at home and learn from trial and error. But this last square she cut the fabric so you have to use thangles to make the half square triangles instead of the "old fashioned" way. In the previous months, it was always an option but I guess she wasn't making enough money that way. It is just so frustrating! I use to go to their free sew Fridays but I dread going now because she is there the whole time!

I guess there was no real point to this posting, I just needed to vent I :lol: