View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Melody

Originally Posted by dljennings
i finally gave in & went on the hrt....my dh came out onto the FRONT porch one night @ about 230 am & i was standing out there flapping my nightgown up & down over my head trying to get a breeze..... did i mention it was january & we were in the midst of a nor'easter??? i talking white out conditions...
:lol: Sorry, but this really made me laugh. I remember doing things like that! I also remember when my MIL would dash outside in the winter, stand on the porch, flapping her apron, and me at age 25 wondering what in the world is wrong with her?! Well, less than 20 years later it was me running outside on the porch in the winter trying to cool myself from 200 degrees to normal body temp. Sweating in bed and DH waking up and saying "why is the bed wet?" Sleepless nights, drowsy days. Now, I sleep well, and actually get cold!! Bless the Lord! I love being cold. I do wake up earlier than I ever did willingly in my life, but I like it! Mornings are good, even though I never used to think so. Getting up before 9 am was torture as a teenager. Now it's private time with just ME. Sometimes DH joins me and we sit quietly, listening to birds and watching the corn grow. For me, I started meno early (age 42). My dr. said no, you're too young. HA wrong. Last period was age 45. But it was all done and over by by age 52... sleeplessness, hot flashes, etc. But sometimes I do have a "not nice" attitude and I wonder where did that come from?? But it doesn't last long.