View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM
omak

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by burnsk
While we are discussing this, I just saw another thread where the quilter did a strip block with an Ohio star alternated throughout the quilt. At step 4, where you have 8.5", you could subcut the strips into at least 35 - 8.5" squares ... you could alternate the strip direction every other block, and make the strips even scrappier ... the size would be 5 squares by 7 squares or 40" x 56" ...
just an idea <g> <wave>
WOW - I like this idea. I'm going to try it either tonight or tomorrow. After I get the top done I'll try to post a picture. Thanks for a great idea.

OMAK - as usual you're the best. Thanks.
At step 4 I did the 8.5" cuts and ended up with 24 squares. So I made the quilt 4 squares by 5 squares. I need to search my stash to find fabric for borders so it'll be a lot bigger. The 4 squares that are left I am going to put into the center of the back. Will take pictures as soon as I get the borders on. This was fun and fast.
My math must have been waaayyyy off! apologies. But, as long as you are happy and have solutions, it might not be so bad. Your idea of putting the four squares in the backing is very creative! <wave>