Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Pamela Artman

My girlfriends and I go on a quilt retreat every year. We pick a different location, get a resort with two bedrooms, load up the car with our sewing machines and gear and off we go! We've been to Gatlinburg, Hilton Head, Williamsburg, Wisconsin Dells, Boyne Mountain, and French Lick, IN. This year, in Oct. we're going to Cape Cod. We each cook a dinner and go out the rest of the nights, we hit the local quilt shops, we sight see, we talk, laugh, and best of all, we make quilts! Sometimes we work on UFOs, sometimes we find a new inspiration and all make a new pattern. It's so much fun! Now I'm going to start organizing week-long, small private retreats for 6-10 women at a resort in their location. As soon as things slow down a little (maybe in the fall) I'm going to make up some brochures to send to guilds. But if you and some of your friends would like to go to a week-long retreat for about $250 (includes food and classes), give me a holler and I'll see if I can find a resort in your area and plan one!