View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 AM
sewjoyce

OK -- went to WalMart yesterday close to lunch time. Planned on spending about $20....well, total was closer to $50. Apparently, WalMart management lets 95% of their cashiers go on break/lunch at the same time. So I stand in line for what seems like forever --my back is killing me and it's HOT in the front of the store. Everyone is sweating and the lady with the 2 unhappy children behind me is losing her patience...Anyway. Finally get checked out and am pushing my cart to my car. Then not only do I step in a big WAD of chewing gum but also slid in it -- did I mention it's HOT? As I'm muttering to myself, I hear this little old man who's sitting in one of those wheelchair scooters yell at me, "Well, little missy, you've done it now. You better get that gum off your shoe before you get in your car." I barely squelched the impulse to smack him. I manage to scrape some of that disgusting stuff off but of course couldn't get it all. Of course, it's on my right sandal (which are new) and I "stick" my way home.

My question is this: How the heck do I get that stuff off the side of my leather sandal? I thought about putting it in the freezer but not sure how well the leather would do with that....Help! (And thanks for letting me vent! :lol: :lol: )